This area includes links suggested by coaches and managers for clinics and training for ATSC keepers.
If you have other suggestions, the name of the keeper clinic and sponsor and any basic info is all we need, although you can send more than that, and we'll add the info here. Let us know if we can use your team's name in conjunction with the information.
Send keeper clinic information to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Free goalie training for ATSC keepers. Spring 2004 sessions start Monday, April 12, 2004 and will be held at Virginia Highlands for last two sessions in June.
- Mondays, 6:00 - 7:00 pm, U9 - U12
- Mondays, 7:00 - 8:00 pm, U13 - U19
- (Please note that age groupings may be adjusted after the first session on April 12)
- Bring a ball, plenty of water and a willingness to learn.
- During inclement weather, check Arlington's inclement weather line: 703-228-4715
ATSC has entered the goalkeeper-training arena by hiring our very own goalie trainer. His name is Colin Lennon and he is an assistant and goalie coach at George Washington University. He has coached and played professionally for close to 10 years. Colin lives in Arlington and plays locally.
The sessions will be held on Mondays beginning April 12 from 7-9pm at the Kenmore Middle School soccer field. We will have the younger age groups (U11-U14) train from 7-8pm and the older players (U15 and up) from 8-9pm. These sessions will be evaluated by Colin and he will make any adjustments he feels necessary to ensure the players are developing at the proper rate. The sessions will focus on proper goalkeeping technique and for the older kids technical/tactical positioning during shots and crosses.
The Club is very excited to be able to offer this service to our players and families. This is something we have been looking into for a long time. We need to make sure we take advantage of Colin's expertise by sending our goalies to these sessions every week. Contact Grant Smith if you have any questions.
Coaches: please contact Grant Smith and Colin Lennon to let them know who from your team will be attending.
- Keith Moser, Marymount's Head Soccer Coach offers Goal Keeper Training in Fall, Winter, Spring and Summer sessions. Tentative plans for the Winter session are for Sunday afternoons starting January 4, 2004 through March 7 or 14, as necessary to get in 10 sessions. The age groups for the sessions will be U11 - U18 for the novice goalkeeper and the advanced goalkeeper. Contact Keith Moser for more information at 703-284-1514 or via email at email@example.com. Keith has had ATSC goal keepers training with him for many years with great results. Recommended by Jim Fort, parent of an Edge (U13G) keeper, and John Cross, parent of a Titans (U13B) player who said, "He focuses not just on the skills, but on the maturity necessary to deal with the pressures of the GK position. And a special note, Keith and his team (he pulls in the Marymount keepers and others) work very well with both genders. I recommend him to anyone that sees the fun in working hard and improving."
Maximum Performance Goalkeeping (MPG), Goalkeeper Academy
July 20th-24th, 2004 (9 am-4 pm each day). MPG offers its students the most advanced training techniques adopted from clubs throughout the world. It continues to stay on top of all the latest training methods used by the world's top goalkeeping specialists and its program is designed from these methods. MPG and its staff have studied and examined first hand goalkeeping coaching at the highest levels of youth and professional soccer. From Fulham and Crystal Palace in the English Premier League, Ajax of Amsterdam to the German National team, also the Japanese and Canadian Youth Programs, we have observed and studied in order to offer the finest goalkeeping instruction available. Whether your goal is to make the junior varsity or the professional ranks, we have the program that will help you reach your full potential. It is our training philosophy that will enable any young athlete to reach their highest potential. This year's staff include: Colin Lennon, Goalkeeper Coach at The George Washington University; Les Cleevely, Goalkeeper Coach at Crystal Palace FC in the English Premier League; Mike Toshack, Goalkeeper Coach of the A-League's Montreal Impact and former U-21 National Team Goalkeeper Coach. Cost for the week: $375 ($325 for ATSC Players). For a registration form or information Contact Colin Lennon at 202-994-7262 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lawrence Fine Goal Keeper Camp
There is a tremendous opportunity for serious Goal Keepers to train with one of the premiere Goal Keeper coaches in America today. The coach is Lawrence Fine, who has coached more than 160 youth players who have gone on to play college soccer, more than 10 youth players who have gone on to play with the national team, and 3 players who have played in the MLS. For the past 3 years, Lawrence has worked with the Penn State University Men's Soccer Team, which made it to the NCAA Division 1 national quarterfinals. He also has trained 5 region championship teams and 1 national championship team. The camps will be held near Sterling, in Northern Virginia, and will take place from July 12 through July 16, and if there is enough interest, from July 19 through July 23. These are ‘day camps’, and will cost $200 for one week. This is a bargain for this level of Goal Keeper training. If there are not at least 20 players who sign up, the camp will not be put on. The maximum number of players that can possibly sign up is 60. Reserve your spot now, contact: William Koss, Redemail@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org, phone: 240-938-6689
< BACK to the ATSC Keepers page